Direct Save places great importance on the protection of your privacy. This policy explains how we may collect information about you and then use it in order to satisfy your particular needs. It also outlines some of the security measures that we take in order to protect your privacy and gives certain assurances on things that we will not do. Direct Save is committed to safeguarding your privacy and providing you with a personalised service that meets your needs whilst maintaining your privacy.
Some of the personal information that we hold about you may be sensitive personal data within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1998. Direct Save will use such personal data only for the specific purpose for which you provided it.
Personal Information includes information:
(1) That we obtain from you or already hold about you;
(2) That we receive from enquiries we make in connection with any application to, or agreement with us or any member of the Direct Save group;
(3) That we receive from searches made by us or any member of the Direct Save group in your name with credit reference agencies, insurance claims registers or fraud prevention agencies;
(4) That we obtain about any account or policy which you, or a member of your household, holds with or through us; and
(5) That we receive from anyone permitted to give information about you to us or any member of the Direct Save group.
Collection of Personal Information
We may collect personal information about you from a number of sources including:
(1) from you when you agree to take a service from us, in which case this may include your contact details, date of birth, payment method and possibly bank account details;
(2) from you when you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us, in which case this may tell us something about your preferences;
(3) from publicly available sources, such as the electoral register.
Use of Personal Information
We will use personal information about you for a number of purposes, including:
(1) to help to identify you when you telephone us to make an enquiry. For example, by asking you for your telephone number or information relative to your account so that we can avoid disclosing information to a person who is not authorised by you to receive it;
(2) to write to you (including electronic mail) or to telephone you (including text messages) with information about other services or products either from us or from our carefully selected partners who may contact you directly with our consent;
(3) to help us to administer accounts, services and products which we offer;
(4) to help detect fraud or loss;
Information we hold about you and your preferences will help us to make sure that we contact you about things likely to be of relevance and interest to you.
In some circumstances, we may do certain credit checks with licensed credit reference agencies when you apply to take a service or product. If this is applicable then it will be stated in our terms and conditions of business.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Other companies in the Direct Save group may use personal information for any of the purposes set out above. This is limited to companies that are related companies to Direct Save
We do not sell mailing lists to third parties for their marketing purposes. Where we have told you in advance, we may disclose certain information to third parties for purposes solely connected with the provision of our service via their networks. Where required or permitted by law, information may be provided to others, such as the Police or the Inland Revenue.
Protection of Your Personal Information
We use strict security measures in order to protect personal information. This includes checking your identity when you telephone us, using secure connections (and other measures) in order to ensure compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
If you communicate with us via the Internet then we may occasionally use email to contact you about our services and products. Additionally, you can at any time send us an email to
customerservices @ directsave.co.uk to change your preferences.
Our site uses ‘session’ cookies when you register on line with us in order to retain information during the registration process. If you have set your browser to refuse them then the site will not function fully. No sensitive personal information is stored by using cookies and as soon as you exit your browser the cookies are deleted.