Call 0800 027 3930 or schedule a call-back from one of our UK-based support team...
We can install new telephone lines and services. We will arrange and manage the whole installation for you. A new telephone line installation is now only £39.95. When the new phone line has been installed we will then invoice you for your chosen call plan for the first partial month plus the next whole calendar month, thereafter you will be invoiced monthly. Your monthly phone bill is usually generated on the 7th of each month.
To order your new phone line simply click the "check availability" button on any page then complete the telephone order form. This offer is subject to an 18 month Minimum Period, please see terms and conditions for full details.
Our provisioning team will check if there is a stopped line at the property and if so they will get that restarted immediately and add the broadband service (if applicable) which will usually start 7 to 10 days later. The charge for restarting a stopped line is the same charge as a new line installation (£39.95) so you won't have any additional charges but it will mean you won't have to wait for the new line appointment as currently there is a 6 to 8 week wait during the COVID-19 crisis.
Transfers of live lines continue as normal (14 to 17 days).
Firstly, you need to decide which call plan or broadband and free calls plan is required when we install your new phone line. To help you choose a line rental and free calls deal click here and for the "best value in the UK" unlimited broadband from only £18.95 click here.
Online saving up to 25% on famous brands in shopping, Travel, Days Out, DIY, Toys, Books, Insurance, Accommodation, Computing, Security, Financial Services, Car Rental, Hobbies, Sport, Restaurants, Gifts
We can install a new phone line anywhere in the UK. It usually takes about 2 weeks to arrange the new phone install from the time that you place your order. At some exchanges we may be able to install the phone line sooner, we will book the earliest date possible then call you to confirm the install date. COVID-19 update - Openreach are focusing on essential works and new line appointments can be delayed by 6 to 8 weeks. To help us check the install date with you please give a mobile phone number on the order from. We use Openreach (a BT Group company) to carry out the new phone line installation. We may install your new phone line on Local Loop Unbundled (LLU) if it is available at your exchange. Being on LLU will enable us to add broadband services for you, usually within an hour or so of your request. If you are considering adding another broadband providers service to the new phone line that we are installing for you please let our us know and we'll ensure that your new phone line remains on the BT Wholesale network rather than LLU to facilitate this. *Source of BT prices www.BT.com 01/04/2020 our normal new phone line installation price is £118.80.
We will contact you to confirm the installation date and to ensure that this is convenient for you, time slots are 8am to 1pm or 1pm to 6pm Monday to Friday. Someone aged 18 or older must be at the premises during the alloted time frame.
If the engineer cannot gain entry to your premises during the agreed time slot you will be liable to a £125.00 missed appointment fee.
● All home phone option plans are free to join, unless we are installing a new telephone line. Free Set Up for our broadband and fibre to the cabinet contract deals. For our No Contract Broadband and Fibre Deals there is a one off set up fee of £24.95
● All broadband and fibre packages include line rental (no additional line rental charge).
● To transfer your home phone free of charge a BT™ type line is required. Transfer typically takes 14 days.
● Cable home phone customers (Virginmedia) can save even more
see our home phone comparison against Virginmedia for more details
For cable lines we need to install a new home phone line as our lines are based on the BT Wholesale and Openreach infrastructure.
● We are currently running a promotion for new telephone line installations - only £39.95 - it normally costs only £118.00 to install a new home phone and BT™ charge £140.00
● COVID-19 Update - Openreach are focusing on essential installations at present. New line installations are expected to have a 6 to 8 week lead time. This can change daily. Call our UK support staff for more information.
● Our discounted 12 month advance line rental offer (line rental saver) is non refundable and only available on Line rental and call plans (not broadband or fibre packages). When the 12 months expires you will automatically be charged at our standard pay monthly line rental rate.
● Subject to our standard Terms and Conditions, please see our website for full details.
● Direct Debit paying customers only.
● Free calls limited to the first 60 minutes of each call to numbers starting 01, 02 (UK local and national) and 03
● Free calls of up to 60 minutes duration, fair use policy applies - see terms and conditions.
● "no contract" and "non contract" refers to our 28 day rolling agreements where the minimum term is 28 days - no long term contract subject to our terms and conditions
Prices effective 3rd April 2020
Registered in England - Registration number 3126951 - Registered address Direct Save House, Century Court, Tolpits Lane, Watford WD18 9RS Direct Save 2005-2019